A blazer, tee and jeans is a perfect combination for an easy chic spring outfit, they also look great when worn over dresses and skirts too.
Tailoring and a blazer in particular is such an instant way to smarten and level up a causal outfit. If you are looking to update your wardrobe from loungewear into post lockdown, teaming a new spring blazer with your existing wardrobe is a stylish and simple way to elevate your look.
Stylist top tips –
- Think about the look and feel that you want from your blazer
- What are you going to wear it with? Do you want it to predominately wear with jeans ? If yes what colour goes next with your denims for example.
- Do you want a more structured, smarter, more suit liked feel? Or a more relaxed, softer, more fluid style?
- Buy in classic colour for maximum wears, of course black will always feel more formal, however navy or a neutral colour for spring summer is the perfect all rounder.
- A pastel colour for spring is lovely and there are some beautiful options I’ve included in my edit, but these are not going to be the most hard working options, as there will be a limit to what they go with. But that doesn’t necessarily have to matter if you just love it! Wear what makes you happy!
- Think about fabrics – for example a linen blazer will have a a very summery light feel and look where a thicker cotton might feel more structured.
- Wear open with the sleeves rouched up at the elbows for maximum style.
- A longer length that glides over your hips will of course help to slim the silhouette.
The Perfect Blazer Edit
Here are my favourites avaliable on the high street currently. As always there are loads of options out there but this is an edit of my favourite from brands I trust and which have available stock on at the time of publishing the blog.
Click on the image to shop
What’s your favourite?
Mine has to be the great classic style from Hush, the Noah blazer, as I think I’d wear it forever with everything!
Thanks for reading