Are you are thinking about your post lockdown style and wanting to ease out of those leggins and joggers? You of course want to look nice and feel stylish when going out and maybe you aren’t quite ready for your jeans. Then a pleated skirt is a great option for you.
This style of skirt really does suit all figures and is universally flattering.
Dress up or down, it’s a staple addition to your wardrobe that is sure to get plenty of wear across the seasons. Wear with any top in your wardrobe as it works with everything!
Wear now with trainers a pair of secret leggings to beat the chill, in the summer with flats and sandals and then in the autumn/ winter with tights and boots.
Stylist top tips-
- Look for a high waisted style / elasticated waist for maximum comfort and great for smoothing over the tummy/ hips.
- Think about length before you buy. Some are classes as maxi ( long) or midi ( mid way to your ankle ) depending on your height will depend on how these sit. For example, I’m only 5ft ish so I would steer away from a maxi as it would swap me, I go for a midi style knowing it will look longer on me than the model.
- Ask yourself what you have in your wardrobe already to wear with it?
- What colour you would get the most wear out of? Going into spring a soft pink is a good option, will go well with your light tops and tee’s. Also an animal print as its a neutral print will also work well with your existing wardrobe.
- Wanting that wow factor, go for a bright colour or bold print.
The perfect pleated skirt edit
Here are my favourites avaliable on the high street currently. As always there are loads of options out there but this is an edit of my favourite from brands I trust and which have available stock on at the time of publishing the blog.
Click on images to shop
This one from Reiss has a high waisted and is a good mid length.
This is a little more subtle in terms of pleats but it gives the same feel and is a great straight cut printed skirt.
This style I love as it has a high waisted jogger waist band for ultimate comfort! the asymmetric cut is very flattering and elongates your legs!
Which is your favourite ?
Thankyou for reading.