The Leather jacket is an essential item in your wardrobe, timeless and easy to wear.
WEAR FOREVER ,
I am a huge fan of the leather biker jacket and have always been. I love the slightly edgy feel they add to an outfit and how they can harden up and balance out something so feminine and floaty by being layered on top.
Leather jackets have always been a firm fashion favourite and they never go out of fashion. Icons such as Kate Moss have made them the cool to wear anywhere and with everything.
A leather jacket looks great in the spring summer too, worn over pretty colourful dresses and skirts. Balance out the colours with black shoes / sandals / boots or teem with black accessories like a handbag or big sunglasses!
My Stylist tips
- Invest in quality. Leather is something that you do get what you pay for. Be savvy and buy the best you can afford and it will last you a lifetime.
- Buy a classic style so that it doesn’t look dated in a few years.
- Buying pre loved is a great option for leather jackets as they only get better with age and it can really add to the look at feel of the jacket if it’s been worn a lot already, so it’s worth checking sites like eBay etc especially if you want one at a cheaper price.
- Wear as a jacket in the spring/summer and then layer under a rain Mac/ coat in Autumn/ winter
- Wear with your jeans, trousers, skirts, jumpsuits and dresses. Basically it works with all categories!
- If you are less confident with the biker style try a simpler style with less detailing.
The Perfect Leather Jacket edit
Here’s my edit of the best on the high street, just click on the image to take you to the website to shop.
For me All Saints do it best, granted they are expensive, so look out for money off days, the leather jackets hardly ever go in the sale but if they do a % off the site buy buy buy!
A nude or blush leather jacket is a lovely alternative to black and as it’s a neutral will also go with everything, if black isn’t for you.
Vegan/ faux leather options
These are also much more affordable so if you are looking to get the look for less.
Pre loved options
Buying pre loved items is a great way to shop if you can find something you love, it can save you money and also help the environment as its a more sustainable way to shop as it creates less clothing waste.
EBay is a great place to start but there are also lots of other options such as charity shops or pre loved stores online and on instagram. It takes more time and effort to find what you want but it can really pay off.
I have found a couple of options for you just after a quick search on eBay.
There are also other pre loved websites that specialise in designer items such as the Vestiaire Collective.
Which is your favourite?
Thanks for reading